I don’t really have a muscle; I have lots of baby fat though… :). I was talking about my weekend cooking extravaganza. As promise here’s the first recipe. Muscle in basil sauce.
The ingredients are very simple and easy to find – I’m not good at measurement I just add things accordingly. So sorry.
- Muscle. I use 1 lbs in this recipe (Note, if you don’t like muscle, you can use any other seafood you like, such as shrimp, crabs or maybe lobster..)
- Garlic – about 2 – 3 clove depend on the size
- Tomato – I use 3 (big) cherry tomato.
- Jalapeno – optional, I use 1 and I took the seed out
- Basil – I use a bunch and chopped.
And the sauce..
- Soy sauce – around 2 table spoon
- Oyster sauce – around 2 table spoon
- Fish sauce – optional, I only use 1 table spoon cause my husband love the taste on every food.
And oil for sautéing, little bit of water and salt, pepper to taste.
Wash the muscle and scrubs it really good. Put it aside.
In a pan, heat up couple table spoon of oil (I use olive oil) and sauté the chopped garlic, just few seconds until you can smell it then add some chopped jalapeno, I took the seed out so Tyra can eat it too, you can leave the seed if you want to or not use it completely – up to you.
I use a tiny bit of water just to deglaze the pan. I guess to make it more flavorful you can use broth or wine..? At this point, I also taste it for saltiness. Honestly, when I make this, I didn’t have to add any salt or pepper because the sauce is already rich in flavor and the jalapeno add a bit of a kick already.
Bring it to boil and reduce the heat…
Muscle is very quick to cook, as soon as the clams stared to open up, it’s done! Just make sure you mixed it thoroughly to get the entire muscle coat in the sauce evenly…. and you are done!!